Health insurance :
are you covered in another European country ?

Unemployed persons who are compensated in France and authorised to transfer their residence to another Member State (for a maximum period of 3 or 6 months depending on the country) remain affiliated during this period to the French social security system.

Students, considered as temporarily residing in the territory of the State where they pursue their studies, must also be affiliated to the French social security system.

Before leaving, these 2 categories must obtain the European Health Insurance Card (or a provisional replacement certificate) from their health insurance fund or student mutual insurance company.

Students whose studies are part of a Community programme (Erasmus, Lingua, etc.) or who lead to a qualification officially recognised by an EEA Member State may benefit from the social protection of the host country during their stay.
More information : Rights and approaches Europe & International

Ubidoca Legal Service

Contact us

Warning : this legal sheet is only advisory in nature and should not be used as a substitute for a thorough analysis of the texts in force and/or an in-depth interview with a legal advisor.


This website uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website. Learn more